BMWi AURON - Process
- AURON is a luxury business class concept, powered by an Electric Range Extender Engine. Its GT-style body provides more room than a common sedan, while its stance and roofline lend it a sporty appearance. In contrast to a modern car set-up, AURON features a large panoramic greenhouse, affording it a wide and open view.
The concept takes its main inspiration from the Northern Lights; its styling based on the motion of simple continuous lines.-------------THE FOLLOWING PICTURES PROVIDE A CLEAR UNDERSTANDING OF THE WHOLE DESIGN PROCESS.-------------
- WEEK 4: START TAPE RENDERING SCALE 1:4
- Dipl. Des. Jürgen HAUSSMANN (BMW Group) & Dipl. Des. Prof. Gerhard FRIEDRICH (BMW Group)
- Workshop Team discussing over proper handling of the furtheron used 5-axis CNC-mill.
- WEEK 5: START CLAY MODEL SCALE 1:5
- WEEK 9: 3D-SCANNING OF FINISHED CLAY MODEL
- WEEK 9: START ALIAS MODELING (OVERALL DESIGN + DETAILING)
- WEEK 11: FINISHING ALL 3D-PRINTED PARTS
- WEEK 13: CNC-MILLING OF VEHICLE BODYPARTS
- *sleek 'n sexy feels*
- WEEK 14: SANDING. PRIMER, SANDING, PRIMER, SANDING, PRIMER
- WEEK 15: PAINTJOB OF VEHICLE BODY IN MATTE (BODY) AND GLOSSY (GREENHOUSE)
- WEEK 16: PRESENTATION AND PROJECT OUTCOME EVALUATION
- _________CLOSER LOOK ON THE "BMWi AURON" DESIGN PROJECT:_________CLOSER LOOK ON THE FINAL HARD MODEL:_________DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT ME REGARDING MORE DETAILED INFORMATIONABOUT THE TEAM, PROJECT OR UNIVERSITY._________THANK YOU!